Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Little Crochet

I have a good friend whose two daughters were married in the same year.  Now, here we are a couple of years later and wouldn't you know it - there are two babies due within a month of each other!  The grandma-to-be has made each of the expected babies (one girl and one boy) a special quilt, but she also has fond memories of little crocheted blankets the daughters once had.  I have known how to crochet forever.  It was one of the first needle crafts that I ever learned (right up there with loopy pot holders).  So, I volunteered to make two baby blankets.


The little boy blanket was finished and given to the grandma last week.  The little girl blanket was finished this morning.  I admit that I took the easy way out and made giant granny squares ( I do have a business to run, after all).  White yarn was alternated with the main color in the outer rows and the final border was a modified shell (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc in space) (ch 1, sc in next space, ch 1) repeat around.
So, that's what has been occupying a lot of my time in the past couple of weeks.  I'm glad to report that the cob web quilt has been basted and quilting in RED thread has begun.  Also, I'm beginning to work on another challenge.  Here is all I have so far:
I might have to make a bigger "R".


Baby was SACKED OUT on the rug right inside the door and I couldn't resist.  What a great guard cat.

1 comment:

Jean said...

ooh you are free piecing letters! Love it...I am itching to start another letter project too! What an adorable kitty.