Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Simpler Idea

No, I haven't put the border on the purple quilt yet.  I had another idea!  I cut squares 3", 6" and 9", mixed them all around and began to make blocks for a runner.  Here they are, just as I am getting ready to sew the smallest squares in the centers.
My original plan was to find a variety of yellow and green scraps and make something that looked like "spring".  Then I found the multi-print that looks more fall/winter.  I shifted from yellow to gold in my search and that's how I arrived at this selection.  I just finished the slice and dice part of the operation and have sewed the new blocks together.
Here's a close up of one of the blocks.
I found yardage in the closet of a nice dark tone-on-tone green that will serve as borders, binding and backing.  With a little luck, I might finish it today.  






No comments: