Thursday, June 28, 2012

Taking Longer Than I Thought it Would

Once I had the six triangles sewn together and solved the minor problem with the size of the center hexagon, I still had a lot of embroidery to do.  I worked on it off and on all day yesterday and today.  I have finally finished!  Every seam has some sort of stitching embellishing it.
Each triangle was pieced on a fabric foundation and I embroidered as much as I could before the assembly.  Once everything was together, I basted it onto thin Quilters Dream cotton batting and the rest of the embroidery was done through all layers.  I gave it a good spritz of water and pressed it well, front and back. Now it is "relaxing" on the counter.  I will trim it and layer it onto the backing tonight.  No quilting, just ties here and there, plus a few well placed buttons.  The last touch will be a little bit of beading.  Baby can't wait.

1 comment:

Lori R. said...

Ulla, thank you so much. I just looked at your blog and your things are beautiful! So many ideas, so little time!!