Thursday, June 14, 2012

ANOTHER Quilt Challenge

Each year, Cotton Fields Quilt Shop offers a quilt challenge.  This year, the secret package contained fat quarters of three fabrics:  a very Victorian looking floral on neutral background, a deep royal purple texture, and an olive green small tone on tone print. 


The rules instruct the entrants to make a cotton crazy quilt.  All of the given fabrics must be used on the front and other fabrics may be added.  The challenge started May 1 and is due by the end of July.  We will have a mini-quilt show at our annual anniversary sale in August and award prizes based on viewers' choice votes.


This year, I decided to join the fun (mine will not be in competition).  Last week I rounded up some fabric coordinates. and tonight was the night to get started.  Here's what the work table looked like as I began.
Out of the chaos eventually came six crazy patched triangles.  I will add hand embroidery before I put everything together.
Here is a close-up of one section.
I guess you know what I'll be doing over the weekend.

No comments: