Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What if? What Next??

Remember the scraps of batiks that I had left after making "Crooked on Purpose"?
I strip-pieced them together, cut the strip sets into rectangles, and thought about possible block ideas (adding a dark brown and orange dot for contrast).
Last night I got around to sewing my little pieces together.  I knew I only had enough to make four blocks.  The contrast isn't quite as strong as I had hoped.  The blocks looked very busy, so I separated them with very narrow orange strips.  Where do I go from here?  This is one I'll have to keep thinking about.
They are only 8" blocks, so the whole thing so far is only 17" square.


1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

I love the way it looks. Do you want it to be bigger or just to add something? I am not normally drawn to these colors, the browns, but this looks really good.