They each had a PILE of blocks finished by the time they went home and several had started sewing the rows together.
The mystery pattern won't be a mystery any more! I've decided to name it "Crossroads" and the pattern will be available soon. The girls in the class were very good guinea pigs. Everything fit together the way it was supposed to and we only found one little boo-boo in the cutting instructions. Here is a close-up of the design. I was working along with the students, and have a little work left to do on my top and borders, so I'll be showing it off at least once more at a later date.