Monday, March 7, 2011

Six-Inch Sampler

I've been teaching a beginning quilting class here at the store and everyone is making one of my patterns, the "Six-Inch Sampler".  Here's what it looked like the first time I made it:
A little plain, but it gives people a chance to try a variety of shapes and methods.  This time around, I gave the option of making more blocks.  I also made a new sample that is a little brighter:
I used two different 30's reproduction prints, unbleached muslin and a pale solid lavender.  There are two weeks left in the class and I'll try to get pictures of what everyone has made - the colors make them each look so different.

1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

Great idea, I assume all the blocks are 6 inches. There is so much you could do with this. After seeing yours the other day I am thinking of doing some wall hangings.