Monday, March 28, 2011

Selvage Flower

We leave Thursday to go to another quilt show as vendors (Eliz. City, NC, http://www.cqlguild.org/) and I should be getting things ready, but I really, really wanted to play with my selvage flower a bit more.  Here's where I last left you in the story.
Since then, I've fused and machine blanket-stitched around the basic shapes.  Then I got out my little basket of junk and auditioned possible embellishments.
This morning I started the machine quilting.  I've gotten to be pretty good at stippling, but want to try other designs.  I've just finished quilting in the orange section.  I don't know why, but the quilting on my practice/warm-up piece looked better!  I think it's still acceptable as long as you don't look too close.  I wasn't about to start picking out those little tiny stitches!
You see?  I think I can get away with it!!

2 comments:

Sally Hamilton said...

This is really cute! Also, I have more selvages for you - will leave them at Cotton Fields on Saturday. I hope you have a great show in Elizabeth City.

jjnelson said...

This absolutely darling and so creative!! I have showed this to everyone. Are you making a pattern for sale?