Friday, March 18, 2011

The Bunny - Finished

I really enjoyed working on my bunny quilt.  The size ended up 20" x 21".
With my little "Gem Gold", I stitched in the ditch with invisible thread around the bunny, the letters and on both sides of the narrow green strips.  (My "big" machine refuses to cooperate with invisible thread, no matter what I do to the tension.)  Next, I added big stitch quilting with green pearl cotton.  The last step was free-handing a little curved line in the border, inserting a button now and then.  Here's a close-up view:
I have classes to teach this week and a quilt show (where we are vending) to get ready for the first weekend in April AND bushels of unfinished projects to work on, but there IS another idea rattling around......  

2 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

How cute! I love your letters.

Unknown said...

As the proud owner of three rabbits, I think your quilt is adorable!