Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Catching Up

Yesterday, Lilly brought back my "Windmills" quilt.  I'll be working on the binding tonight and will give everybody another peek once it is finished.
What else have I been doing?  Lots and lots of cutting and folding, getting fat quarters ready for the Elizabeth City quilt show on April 1 & 2.  Details are on the Colonial Quilt Lover's website:  http://www.cqlguild.org/

There is a mystery quilt class in progress,and I obviously can't show that pattern until the class is over.  I CAN say that I'm very happy with how the design turned out.  Wait and see!

Sometimes, there are just tedious things to do, like sewing on hanging sleeves.
The last thing I can show today is what I'm getting ready for the table runner class on Saturday.  Here is my store sample:
We'll be making a table runner, using three quilt blocks.  The students have been asked to bring three quilt blocks of any design.  I'll be showing them how to "do the math" for the triangles.  They can make a runner like the one shown or with square ends.  I've got some crazy fabric picked out for my demo!

1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

I love that orange fabric on the Windmill quilt. Did I miss that in the shop? I have three quilts waiting for binding. Hopefully I can sew between games this weekend.