Friday, July 6, 2012

New Things Coming OR Very Miscellaneous

First of all, I want to let everyone know that I am coming tantalizingly close to 10,000 views on this blog.  It may happen today!  Wow!  It is so interesting to see the different countries checking in and to see your comments.  Isn't the Internet amazing?  And the blogs I follow lead me to see new things outside my own back yard.


This is going to be a very miscellaneous post.  Here is a slightly better picture of my Kool-Aid dyed yarn.  One important detail that I omitted earlier is that Kool-Aid dye only works with animal (wool) fibers.  I do not have a project planned yet, but have my thinking cap on.
Speaking of yarn, I have learned to knit cables!  Here is a little scarf I've started using a pattern called "Irish Hiking Scarf", given to me by my good friend Sally.
Now that the Victorian challenge is finished, it is time to move on to the next challenge.  The Pamlico River Quilters Guild (Washington, NC) will be having a quilt show at the end of September.  Members have been challenged to create river scenes 16" x 20".  I selected some fabrics a while back.  Yesterday I cut a batting base of the approximate size and applied fusible to many of my fabrics.
I have a long way to go to sketch and cut and fuse .... but I like the start.  I challenged MYSELF to make this piece without batiks, usually the fabric of choice for a lot of nature scenes.


Last, but not least, I've pulled out a favorite old quilt (well, it's not that old) to use as a class sample when I teach "Patience Corner" at the shop in August.  It is a traditional pattern that has so many possibilities, depending on fabric choice.  Mine is the scrappy version, made with charm squares.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Love your river scene start. I can see the rock cliff sticking out of the water.