Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finished and Finished

One of kitties woke me up REAL EARLY today (hairball) and I couldn't get back to sleep.  Soooooo ....


I finished the binding on the little quilt that I machine quilted on Tuesday.
I am thrilled, thrilled, THRILLED to have this finished.  Not because it is a traffic stopping, super duper design, but because I have many more like it - tops that were made as class samples or to sell kits or just because.  I will always love the hand work, but it seems amazing that I pushed myself to do this machine quilting and now it's DONE!


Last night I worked on the little beaded project.  I had longer threads left on one end than the other, so those became beaded fringe.  Kind of psycho looking beaded fringe.  I cut a rectangle of felt to fit the size exactly and whipped the two pieces together,  tucking in the left-over threads at the top.  All I need to do now is add a little pin to the back.
I wish that I would have framed the design with darker beads.  Live and learn.  Hey, this was my first ever bead weaving project.

1 comment:

NickiJ said...

I love your little quilt. The blues and oranges make it so pretty. Such great work to be inspired by.