Last night, I pulled it out again. I trimmed a little, rearranged a little and came up with this basic design.
At this point, everything is fused, but that's all. Next - a lot of quilting and embellishment.
I wore my little beaded pin on Saturday when I attended a guild meeting in Rocky Mount, NC. I didn't take a picture of my chest, so you will just have to take my word for it that the little, kind of primitive looking pin looked good on my denim jumper. I've started another, slightly larger design.
The first pin was made with delica beads, that are more precisely made than even the nicest seed beads. The delicas are squared off, so they fit tightly together in a woven fabric. Unfortunately ,the delicas were furnished by the instructor and I don't have any of my own. I do have a LOT of seed beads, so I can practice until I get my hands on more of the other beads. Not a problem, I have a LOT of seed beads!
PS. I worked on my selvage blocks all day Sunday and the count is up to 60.