Thursday, July 19, 2012


Over a year ago (May 2011), in a post titled "Quilted Keyrings", I described in detail a process of decoupaging tissue paper onto plain fabric.  I was in the mood to dabble with that again.  Here is what I managed to put together the other night before I ran out of glue.  It's pinned up to dry in this picture.
Today I cut it in half for easier handling, layered it with batting and backing and did a bit of machine quilting.  Then I trimmed the pieces to size.
I think this is a fantastic, non-threatening way to practice machine quilting.

In the process of assembling my supplies, I found a second piece that I had prepared earlier, so I quilted it also.  I was only able to cut two large pieces, but I made what will become keyrings with some of the scraps.
I need to go on a search now for coordinating yarn and buttons ... then I will show off the finished products.

Yesterday, I was sorting through some boxes on shelves and rediscovered a long lost UFO.  It will be a cathedral window purse when complete.  I'm making it from memory ... I saw a lady in a restaurant with one.  All of the squares are complete, so I just need to finish stitching it together and add a lining.  I've been looking for a hand work project, so this will be it!
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jean said...

The cathedral window project is pretty....that will make an interesting bag.