Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bead Weaving

It's the first Saturday of the month and that means ARTRAGEOUS QUILTERS!  We have a wonderful, creative, loosely organized group that really enjoys exploring new techniques, etc.  Some ideas are OLD, but if you've never tried it, it's new to you.  That was the case with today's activity.  Dr. Christine Zoller, an art professor at ECU (Greenville, NC) gave us a presentation on bead weaving.  She showed us some larger sample pieces, but to learn the technique, all we needed was an "Indian Bead Loom" to get started.  As you can see, folks were really watching intently.  Hopefully I will have some finished items to show at a later date.

Now it's time to take off for the weekend.  In addition to playing with beads, I hope to work on that selvage quilt and finish a book or two.  Lately I have been enjoying  a light-hearted mystery series by Lawrence Sanders featuring the character Archie McNally.  Last weekend I read Money in the Bank by P. G. Wodehouse, a favorite of my sister and I will definitely be looking for more of them too.  So much to do, so little time. 

No comments: