Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Quilt of 2012

Happy New Year to EVERYONE!  I don't have any resolutions, but I have a single word:

POSITIVE

Yes, it's true, I've finished the first quilt of the new year.  Granted it is a miniature, measuring only 11" x 12 1/2", but we are always happy when any project reaches completion.
The blocks were so tiny that it was an easy decision to just tie this little sweetie.  I used 6 strands of embroidery floss.  I did hand quilt around the perimeter with blue quilting thread.  Here's a close-up, so you can better see my efforts.
I am FIRED UP with ideas for a new year.  I have one challenge quilt underway and another in the thinking stage.  Yesterday I put the binding on the shop hop quilt (that I can't show yet) and cut out the pieces for what will be a sample for a class and possibly a kit.
I like to keep folks wondering, so here is what I've done so far with that pretty floral fabric that I showed on December 30.

2 comments:

Sally Hamilton said...

I postively love the word!

Katie Kleber said...

go for it! what a good word-choice - i may have to adopt that (or come up with some other good-for-me word). thank you for the link to the other blog - it was neat. keep on keeping on! peace.