Sunday, January 22, 2012

New and Old

The "Shattered" quilt is coming right along.  It has provided my evening entertainment for many nights lately.  It has an insane amount of stitching that I am really enjoying.  Working on it is like doing a puzzle.  I'm filling in spaces with various lines, stars and triangles, in three shades of embroidery floss (3 strands).  The stitching in and around the letters was done with pearl cotton.  (Click on the picture for a close-up, it's about 2/3 done.)

For fun, I thought I'd show this little table topper that I made a LONG time ago.  How long?  Gee, I wish I knew, but there is no label!  Remember to put labels on your quilts ... often, if the back is light enough, I at least write my name, town, and year with a Pigma pen.  This project was the result of a small challenge where friends exchanged 6" charm squares.  I appliqued these quarter circles by hand but later I made a machine pieced drunkard's path quilt and actually got quite good at it after piecing 400+ blocks!
My assistant showed up just as I snapped the picture.

1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

Shattered looks so much better in person. I love the way you are quilting it with the different colors of thread.