Monday, January 9, 2012

It's a BIG Runner

In the January 4 post, I showed the pieces cut out for a table runner.  The top is finished this morning and it's a big one, 21" wide and 49" long.  Here it is, pinned to the wall:
It's another project designed by Susan Fuquay of American Quilt Retailer.  (Previously, I've shown "Punkin Heads" and "Rick Rack Out of Whack", two more of her designs.)  I used two bright batiks and I love it!  It could easily become a "bed runner" by adding a little more length.  I've never made a bed runner, but I understand that they are all the rage.  A pretty thing to lay across the foot of the bed as an accent and an extra layer to keep your toes warm.


Here's a question.  Do you think that cats can smell quilts in progress?  I was working on the binding of the SECRET shop hop quilt the other day and stepped away for a few minutes.  This is what I found when I came back.  Doesn't Cassie look smug?  Baby looks unconscious.  Ha ha ha ...
I'm still hand quilting on the Shattered Quilt and the Phone Book Quilt.

2 comments:

Sally Hamilton said...

Man oh man! I'm so jealous of Baby - I wish I could sleep that hard and intensely.

Katie Kleber said...

beautiful runner - LOVE the colors...miss you terribly

ruffle the kitties : ) =^..^=

peace