I'm in the process of quilting the spiral with pearl cotton. I had some bright red and navy blue, so that's what I went with. I like the quilting, but once it is done, this project will definitely need some embellishment. I'm not sure what that will be! So, I'm thinking of the quilting as just the "first step".
I finally got around to finishing the quilt top started in my mystery quilt class. Then I had to completely re-write the instructions, changing them from the mystery quilt format to a straightforward set of steps. It took longer than I thought it would, considering that I already had everything "figured out". Then came time for the cover. I cheated, since the top is not quilted yet.......tried various ideas inside and out and finally took it's picture on the porch railing (of course I'll change the picture when it's quilted).