Monday, April 4, 2011

Mobius Scarf Update

The first mobius scarf is complete!  The finished project is more of a cowl, you can wear it over your head and around your neck and would be very cozy on a winter day.  I'm not going to model it.  Of course, it is spring here in North Carolina and I don't think it will do much to protect me from the pollen (if you've never experienced it, the tree pollen here is so thick that EVERYTHING looks as though yellow baby powder was dumped out of the sky - a LOT of baby powder!)
I believe in sticking with pattern for the first one of anything.  Now I'll try to branch out.  For everyday wear with a sweater or turtleneck beneath, I think I'd like my next mobius scarf to be a little longer and narrower.  I've got the yarn picked out.

1 comment:

Sally Hamilton said...

I love this scarf, Lori! I'm going to knit one to, but for the next 2-3 weeks I'm giving my very sore hands a break from knitting! The yarn you've chosen for the 2nd one is gorgeous. Can't wait to see how it knits up.