Friday, March 9, 2012

Finish One, Start Another

I really, really wanted to start the cobweb pattern that I showed in the last post.


So, I made myself machine quilt the "Star Crossed Table Runner" on Sunday and by Monday afternoon the binding was finished.  Here's a little peek at the backing, too.
Whew!  With that done, I deserved to start something new, didn't I?  I've started the cobweb blocks, using the feed sack scraps as planned.  It doesn't look like much yet, but here's where I'm at.
Each block has 14 pieces and I'm making 24 blocks which will form 6 stars.  I don't have enough scraps for more than that ... I have supplemented just a bit with strips cut off a couple of whole feed sacks.


And now for something completely different!  I'm not quite finished exploring the four-square kaleidoscope pattern that I made recently, so today I chose another busy print to work with.  Preview of coming attractions.
  From Kona Bay Fabrics

No comments: