Monday, March 19, 2012

Auditions

It's not unusual for me to work on two or three projects in one day.  This will be one of those days!


The first thing this morning, I was working on my mother's birthday gift.  No pictures of that, because it's going to be a surprise.  


Next, I've got to think about the fabric that will go with my "Cobweb" quilt blocks.  They are all strip pieced, using authentic feed sack fabric.  Only a solid will do.  Here's what I'm considering ...
I do have an old flour sack, but I think that would be too blah.  I have lots of other solids, but these are large enough that I'll have enough to make all of the side triangle pieces the same color.  I think that's in the spririt of the quilt - using the fabric that I know I have enough of!  I'll probably make my decision and finish these blocks today.


Hand quilting has begun on the "Kaleidoscopes" quilt top ... about 1/4 of the blocks are quilted, so I'll be showing that off soon.


Last, but not least, it's a progress report on DEAR JANE!  The rows are together and all that remains to be done is sewing on the final borders.  I'm planning a 1/2" inner red border and a 3" green outer border.  

1 comment:

Twisted Quilts said...

I am in awe of your Dear Jane quilt. What patience and perseverance to make all those blocks. I like the solids too, makes the strings pop.