Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where Has the Time Gone?

HELLO OUT THERE!  I don't usually go a whole week without a post ..... so I'd better let folks in on what I've been doing.

Last year, McCalls Quilting had an article and pattern about making tree ornaments from selvages.  I just took a peek, and you can see it all online.  Just do a google search for "selvage tree ornaments".  Anyway, I've been hard at work making some little Christmas stockings.  Here's one finished and about 25 in progress.
What else?  How about an OLD, OLD knitting project, just waiting for me in a nice big shopping bag.  Everything was there together, luckily.  I had to re-learn the pattern, but I'm going to finish it now.  In case you can't tell, it is a reversible baby blanket.  Once finished, I will add a crocheted shell border to dress it up a bit.  Sorry, I don't know the source of this pattern, it was given to me by a co-worker at a previous job.
I continue to work on the hand quilting on the star quilt and piecing on the telephone book quilt.  One excuse for why I haven't had too many recent posts is that I have 7 beginner quilters in class right now, so there has been planning and sample making going on. 

No comments: