Sunday, September 4, 2011

Christmas in September

Here's the new string quilt book I mentioned earlier.  I worked on some of the blocks for my project yesterday, but I think I may need to fine tune the placement of darks and lights.  A star is formed when four small blocks are joined.  Here is what I have so far.  These need to be trimmed and will be getting a corner triangle, too.  Notice I changed from green to gold for the star shape.  I'll use the pretty green for the block corners.  I've cut 48 eight-inch foundation squares and a pile of strips ranging from 1 1/4" to 2".  I'm going to need to cut a lot more strips.
Being Sunday, it was sort of a goof-off day.  I finished another action-packed book by Lee Child titled The Hard Way.  I DID find time this afternoon to whip up a couple of Christmas Stockings(!) that will become holiday pattern samples for the quilt shop.


  Tomorrow I'm going to MAKE myself finish the applique border of the star quilt!  Promise. 
  

No comments: