Here's the new string quilt book I mentioned earlier. I worked on some of the blocks for my project yesterday, but I think I may need to fine tune the placement of darks and lights. A star is formed when four small blocks are joined. Here is what I have so far. These need to be trimmed and will be getting a corner triangle, too. Notice I changed from green to gold for the star shape. I'll use the pretty green for the block corners. I've cut 48 eight-inch foundation squares and a pile of strips ranging from 1 1/4" to 2". I'm going to need to cut a lot more strips.
Being Sunday, it was sort of a goof-off day. I finished another action-packed book by Lee Child titled The Hard Way. I DID find time this afternoon to whip up a couple of Christmas Stockings(!) that will become holiday pattern samples for the quilt shop.
Tomorrow I'm going to MAKE myself finish the applique border of the star quilt! Promise.