Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Projects

A nice lady stopped by the store on Saturday and I gave her a brief demo on string piecing on paper foundations.  Once she was gone, I couldn't stop!  I just made four blocks, but decided to make a string pieced border too, which made it a nice "table-topper" size.  Notice that I used the phone book pages idea again!  Here it is, back and front:

Something else that needs to be quilted!!!

I FINALLY got the Oriental Tiles quilt top together.  Here is a close-up of the over-all pattern.  I think it was worth all of those triangles.
Here's a picture of the quilt with it's borders.
The pattern "Oriental Tiles" was designed by Ursula Riegel.  Her pattern company is called Designs to Share with You.  The pattern and kits are available at the shop, of course.

No comments: