Here's the little turtle so far. Once the main elements were in position and the hand stitching was finished, it was time to machine quilt. I'm a novice at machine quilting, but something this size (approx. 15" x 17") is just my speed. I've gotten really good at stippling, but wanted to branch out a bit, so searched Google Images for ideas. I found the simple flower pattern that I used in the area around the turtle. Here's a close-up:
The next thing to do is EMBELLISH - so much fun. I'm planning on beads plus a few surprises. I have a quilting bee meeting on Monday night, so I'll try to have it ready by then.