Sunday, March 9, 2014

Updates

I finished the Carnival quilt top this morning!  I thought it might show better spread on the floor, then I got a chair ... then a step stool.  (I'm a shortie.) Finally, with the camera held over my head, I got a nice picture.


The gentle curves were easy to piece.  Each rectangle was pressed and trimmed after sewing, so it all went together quickly in the end.  I fused the circles with Steam-a-Seam and used the buttonhole stitch on my sewing machine with thread that matched.

I hope to have time to make more BIRDS blocks this weekend.  In the meantime, I'll give you a glimpse of some birds made by my friend, Sally.


See the clothespins?  Sally attaches them to the wall with command strips so she can change wall hangings at a moment's notice.  No nails, no mess.


1 comment:

Paulette said...

Gorgeous Carnival quilt! Love the way this one turned out!