Saturday, March 29, 2014

And Still More Birds

I love my first bird quilt.


It started with a fat quarter pack of the "Neutral Territory" collection from P&B Textiles.  I added a few fabrics of my own and the effect was VERY subdued. I knew that there would be more birds.  Bright birds.


This time the color inspiration came from a fat eighths bundle of batik.  After last Saturday's bird class I kept on making birds.  Then it was time to add borders.  At this point, I wasn't too happy with my combination.  I wished that I had stayed with the red-orange-yellow-purple combination.  I almost took that green border off the bottom block.


I switched around border fabrics for a while before I finished the rest of the blocks and now I like them.


The new problem is that I don't want to put this quilt together exactly like the last one.  I played around with some other ideas that might be added to the quilt:  WORDS and LITTLE BIRDS.





No comments: