Friday, March 7, 2014

This 'N That

I showed the birds to my good friend, Mary, and this week she appeared at the shop with this.  It's so much fun to see the different directions people take with the same basic idea.


I want to make more birds myself, and also some butterflies, patterned after those seen on the Patchery Menagerie BLOG.

Meanwhile, "Carnival" is taking shape.  I have machine appliqued the interior circles and have sewn the big blocks into vertical rows.  Next, borders well be added plus more circles spilling out into the borders.  I've had to pre-plan where those circles will go.


The "beginners" class here at the store is finishing up.  I've put the borders on my sample quilt top.  I'll try to get pictures of the student quilt tops, too. They have done a good job and it is fun to see all of the different color schemes.






No comments: