Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Too Many Ideas

I was trying to be good, I really was!  Instead of basting the spiral, I decided that I should work on finishing the feedsack quilt.  And I have been working on it.
There are intersections between blocks where 12 pieces are coming together and they don't look as neat as I'd like.  I plan on sewing a vintage button on each of these spots when I finish.
Yesterday I took the time to make 4 "comfort bags" for the TRPQG (Tar River Piecemakers Quilters Guild).  They prepare these bags, complete with 12" quilted comfort square, colored pencils, coloring book and a small stuffed animal for law enforcement officers to carry in their cars to give to children in crisis situations.  Apparently, we have plenty of STUFF to fill bags, but not enough bags.  I'll make more.

Last week, Sally, Ruth and I made these stars, not without a few bumps in the road.  I'll take more pictures and explain the process tomorrow.
Remember "trying to be good"?  Some new fabric arrived in the store on Monday and I'd love to cook up an idea for some of it!
Guess I'm a hopeless case.  I had a brainstorm in the car the other day while listening to a little Lou Reed and that may be what I HAVE TO work on today.

No comments: