Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Playtime in the Afternoon

I was absolutely delighted that I was able to finish my preparations for the next quilt show this morning.  TWO DAYS EARLY!!!  Three quilt shows in three weeks has not left much time for recreational sewing and crafts.  That changed today.

What's this?
I brought the big bag of tissue paper out of the closet.  Using a technique shown here earlier (and originally shown to me by Robin Kohler - Nestlings by Robin), I used diluted white glue to "decoupage" torn strips of tissue paper to a pink hand dyed fat quarter.
This will take a while to dry, but by tomorrow, I hope that I will be able to get to work on what will become more fabric key rings.  It was flattering that people bought my key rings and bobbin earrings at the quilt shows.  Now I have an excuse to make more!  I've glued buttons onto bobbins and when the glue is dry it won't take long to put four more pair together.
Goodbye to an old friend.  These scissors have only been used for paper for years.  The other day, they fell off a table at the quilt show and the handle shattered.  Thinking back, I believe that these are the scissors my mom bought for me when I was taking HOME ECONOMICS in the 8th grade.  That would make them around 45 years old.  Oh dear.  You do the math..

No comments: