Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Demo at the Quilt Show

Believe it or not, we are almost ready to hit the road again.  This coming weekend we will be at the quilt show presented by the Durham-Orange Quilters' Guild in Durham, NC.  Vendors were asked if they were willing to give a demonstration and I accepted.  I'll be showing how to make my pattern "Crooked on Purpose".
The quilt on the pattern cover is a miniature, made of 3" blocks.  I've also made a lap quilt, with 6" blocks.
Not too long ago, I made another batch of 3" blocks.  
I wanted to do a different setting this time, so decided to make a runner.
Today, I finally got around to adding borders.
Then I chose some more fabric for my demonstration.  This time I'll make 5" blocks.
I made a few sample blocks and found a nice solid red for setting triangles.
I'm just about ready to go!
Durham-Orange Quilters' Guild, Inc.
"A Thread Runs Through It"
2012 Quilt Show
Oct. 19-21
American Tobacco Campus
334 Blackwell Street
Durham, Nc
Fri. & Sat. 10-6, Sun. 10-5 

1 comment:

Paulette said...

What a cool pattern! I really like the red setting triangles and the scrappiness of it.