After I made the pink tissue paper piece, I did another, with blues, yellows, and greens on a green hand dyed fat quarter. I like it and I'm not so sure that I want to cut in up into itty bitty pieces. Yesterday, when I briefly explained the process that I used, I neglected to include one important point: work on top of a piece of freezer paper, shiny side up, so that you can peel the fabric off when it is dry. Other details to note if you are going to try this method yourself is 1) Use a cheap foam brush and 2) My "white glue" of choice for this method is Aleen's OK To Wash it mixed half and half with water.
The pink fabric was dry first, so that is where I started. I cut it down in size and sandwiched two layers of cotton batting between two layers of my tissue paper collage (right sides out) and quilted all over with a stipple stitch. Then I marked a grid with pencil and proceeded to sew spirals in each space. I tried something different in one space.
Next, I cut the pieces apart and began to cover the edges with zig zag stitch. Most times I went twice around to get good coverage. This is how far I got. When I finish the edges, I will add the grommets and key rings.
I finished the latest bobbin earrings too.
AND I had time to make more blocks for my shop hop quilt. I can't show it here because it is a secret until February.