Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What a Surprise

Last week I was knitting a purse in preparation for felting.  Here is what it looked like when the knitting was finished and the handles sewn on:
The yarn I used was green.  I was aware of multiple colored fibers in the yarn, but I was not prepared for this:
Where did all of this pinky-red come from?!  Not what I had planned at all.


In other news, I have cut the ugly fabric into 9" foundation squares.  They will become part of a selvage quilt that I have planned for one of my next activities.  I haven't worked on it yet, because I'm in the final stages of quilting the four-patch kaleidoscope quilt.


Also, I'm packing to go to a quilt show ...
This is the tip of the iceberg, but you get the idea.  I have most of the items for sale packed, but have to round up the samples next.  Tomorrow I'll set up our booth at the Greater Greenville Quilt Festival.  Once the quilt show is past, watch out!  I've got multiple ideas brewing. 

Greater Greenville Quilt Festival
April 20 & 21, 2012
First Christian Church, 2810 E. 14th Street, Greenville, NC 27858
www.greenvillencquiltersguild.com

No comments: