Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wait and See

Guess I have been MIA this week.  Quilting continues on the little four-patch kaleidoscope quilt .... I'm on the borders now, so it won't be too much longer before I have that to show off.

I have been having a wonderful time lately, cleaning our attic.  It doesn't sound like fun, but I am clearing things out and taking load after load to Goodwill.  Most of this stuff should have been dealt with at the time, instead of packing it away.  I opened one box and the only thing in it was WIRE HANGERS!!!

Anyway, this stained, sad fabric was in my hands, literally inches from the garbage bag:
I've been wanting to start a new selvage project so decided to wash it and cut it into squares for my foundations.  We wouldn't want to waste any "good" fabric, would we?  It is going in the washing machine this morning.

I was given some wool yarn and a new book so of course I started right off on a project.  The knitting is done. I just need to sew the handles on and then I'll pop it into the washer to felt.  I am kind of afraid that I didn't make it deep enough.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Jean said...

sounds like fun to start a new selvage project. I need to do that as well, as I have a whole tub full!