Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Look What I Found

I TOOK THE DAY OFF, so don't have anything further to show on the "shattered" project.  However, while digging around in my stash, I found the perfect thing to use for the backing of the Phonebook Quilt:
I found this fabric at a quilt show on a table of odds and ends offered by the guild.  Mom and Dad were with me at this show and I remember that Mom wasn't nearly as charmed with it as I was.  The tag pinned to the yardage informs me that it is 4 yards, OLD, and cost $5.  It will definitely fit the mood of this quilt:
I've been thinking about borders for a while and I have decided that it would be more effective to finish  the quilt without borders.  I have plenty of the dark green for binding.  Since I've settled on the backing, I'd better get busy.  I think I am going to finish it with a combination of big stitch and tying.

No comments: