Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Forward Progress

Back to business!  I've gone back to working on a little art quilt that I started a month or so ago.  Here is the background that I put together first.
I had to think about it for a while.  One thought was to have a little creature climbing up the hill.  Nope.  Then I thought of a bird in flight.  I also decided to emphasize the flowers in the silver fabric and make a field of flowers under the flying bird.  The bird is here and all the background quilting is done.  I've started the embellishment, but it is going to need a lot more.
I'm also back to working on the star quilt.  I hope to finish the applique on the border today.
There are two other potential projects that are on my mind.  Visit Tonya's blog Lazy Gal Quilting and check out her Lego quilt!  I've also seen a string quilt idea in a new book that I'm anxious to try out.  Oh dear.  Must sew faster, must sew faster! 

No comments: