Thursday, August 18, 2011

Applique Birds

The stars quilt is progressing nicely.  I have added the four birds;  now for their wings!  Here is a close-up, where you can see my basting stitches on the wing that will be the next thing added. 
Suspense!  I'll show a full quilt shot again when I have the birds done and the flowers in the corners.

Something has happened to my "DEAR JANE" group that meets on Wednesday afternoons.  Linda and I have been meeting faithfully, but the others seem to have disappeared.  That's OK - we're having a great time.  Linda is WAY ahead of me, but I'm now up to 35 blocks finished.  Here are my latest blocks, along with an article about Dear Jane in the current issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  I have been waiting for it because one of my friends (Pamela Leonard Wexler) has a quilt pictured in the article and SEVEN MORE online.  To see them, go to AllPeopleQuilt.com/538.  Pam lives in NYC and has been making different versions of Dear Jane, large and small, for a long time.

As always, I have been piddling around a little bit with knitting.  I've also made another quilt block for the exchange I'm participating in.  I can't show it because it is a secret, but I can tell you that it is black, white, red, with triangles and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.  

No comments: