Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Spiral I" Completed!

I checked back and discovered that I started the first spiral on April 20.  Here are a couple of pictures of the preliminary stages.
I hand quilted with pearl cotton and "big stitch".  That's what took so long, with several other projects coming in between, including "Spiral II", which was smaller and machine quilted.
This afternoon, I finished the quilting and embellishing, which consisted of BUTTONS.  Tonight I finished the binding and removed the last of the basting thread.  I do like the way the "Spiral I" turned out.  Finished size is 24" x 26". 
I've got unfinished projects piling up around here!  I even have about four different knitting projects in progress.  Can't start any more until I finish a few.  We'll see how long that lasts. 

No comments: