A week ago, in my "Buried Treasure" post, I told about a block I had adopted to remodel. The block itself was just strips and a couple of squares, no real design. What I liked about it was the colors. I took a couple of the strips off, straightened them out, re-sewed and squared the block:
Next, I found a nice pink texture and added a 2 inch border.
With my largest square ruler, I trimmed it again, WONKY. A long string of smaller pieced squares was also in Mary's bin and that provided a border.
I'm thinking about adding an appliqued heart, BUT, this morning I came across some novelty yarn that is just the right color, so we'll have to wait and see what happens!