Monday, June 27, 2011

Playing Around (or It Was a Pink Weekend)

I found myself alone on Sunday afternoon and evening and I completely ran amok!  First, I started a new knitting project (remember, I've finished two projects lately).  Just taking baby steps - learning to use double pointed needles.  This will be a drawstring bag. 
The next thing I did was finish a BOOK.  I highly recommend the series of books written by Laurie R. King, beginning with The Beekeeper's Apprentice.  In a nutshell, she has picked up the Sherlock Holmes story where Doyle left off, giving him a young, talented protege named Mary Russell.  I've lost count, but I think that there are nine books in the series to date, with another expected in the fall.  Read them in order.

After the reading interlude, I went back to the crafting frenzy.  I put together another "Rag Bag".  I don't think much of charm packs, but one had come into my possession recently, so that's what I used.
While the bag was in the washer/dryer, I had one more thing to tackle.  My little recycling project was hanging on the wall and wouldn't take long to machine quilt (only approx. 20" square).  I'm thinking about adding a heart in the position shown.  Might need to be bigger?  Probably.
So, I had some fun on Sunday.  After all, it was my day off.  I have NO idea why all of these projects are PINK.  Now, back to that new quilt top .....
  

No comments: