Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back to "For the Birds"

The last time we saw "For the Birds", I had machine quilted the background and added felt birds.
Tonight was the night to finish it up.  I had already added the binding.  Now it was time for the finishing touches!  I added some felt leaves, attached by embroidery stitches and found a few beads, for eyes, some kind of berries(?) and a red bug.
Here's a close-up to show some detail:
Before I played with my birdie project, I did some "real" quilt shop work, starting with selecting fabric for a new quilt.
I cut out everything I needed for the quilt top, except the borders.  The floral will be the border eventually. 
Then, I MADE myself sit still and sew all 72 triangles needed for the first step. 
I used the same method that I showed in a much earlier post and wanted to finish this step so I could remove the tape.
Tomorrow looks like a busy day, but I should make some good progress over the weekend.

No comments: