Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Three Projects

Do you know quilters who finish one thing before they start another?  How do they do it?

Here are the latest views of the long lost Christmas wall hanging.  While a massive thunderstorm raged last Friday night, I worked on adding blanket stitching around all of the stars.



Now the circle ornaments have been added and await their blanket stitching. That done, it won't take any time at all to quilt it!


While poking around at home, still looking for certain "lost" objects, I came across my demonstration pieces from the last time I taught a BIRDS class.  I finished the four blocks, added wonky borders and stitched them up together. I'm wondering if it needs a border or not.  Think I'll look at it for a day or two.


My current beginners class at COTTON FIELDS QUILT SHOP is making a lap quilt in the Jewel Box pattern.  Here's my full size version, pieced and hand quilted oh, so long ago. 


I'm making the quilt along with the class, this time with up-dated fabrics: a very pretty white tone-on-tone from P&B Textiles and an assortment of blues and purples.


It will become the newest Cotton Fields pattern as soon as I finish writing and get the photography done.







1 comment:

NickiJ said...

I love the wonky bird blocks, do you have a pattern for this?