Friday, November 1, 2013

New York, New York

I just got home from a trip to New York City.  Here I am, outside the Amtrak Station in Wilson, NC, waiting to depart.



Here are a couple of obligatory shots of NYC skyline.



With my sister as my guide (she's a NYC resident), we were off to the Bronx Zoo on my first full day in the city.  We wandered around for just a bit when we got off the train.


OK, actually we were LOST.  Anyway, we finally found the zoo:


We saw a lot of birds and reptiles.  The monkey house was CLOSED.  I don't know why they have two cement rhinos.

Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I was thrilled to get this close to two bald eagles.


Polar bears are also favorites.


And turtles, anytime and anywhere.


I probably took over 100 pictures at the zoo, but I'll spare you.  With tired feet, we finished up the day with supper at the Westway Diner. 


Thanks, Sis!

Enough for this post.  Don't worry, I took the most pictures on the first day!








1 comment:

rush said...

sounds like you had a very busy vacation so far! i suppose that is a picture of your sister? at least you didn't get a picture of her with her mouth open! the skyline...looks like a quilt...might be an idea for the next one? i am so glad you got to get away for a few days. take care. miss you and the qwacs!