Saturday, November 2, 2013

New York, days 2 and 3

Yesterday was "Catch-Up Day" at the quilt shop.  No time for sewing.  I hope that changes SOON.  I have several works in progress and two others that I really want to start.   Plus an idea from a book I saw in NYC that I want to try. 

Day two in New York was quilt and craft related.  I really fell down in the picture-taking department!  We started the day at Bead World on Broadway. The name says it all!  I made a purchase but forgot to take a picture.

We met our friend, Pam, at City Quilter.  What a lovely quilt shop.  I've been there before;  it's the only actual quilt shop that I know of in New York City. No picture.  Then we went to lunch at a place Pam said she had always wanted to try - the Malibu Diner.  It didn't disappoint.  What, no picture again?

Our last stop was at the American Folk Art Museum.  There was an interesting exhibit contrasting antique quilts with some very modern (some paper) interpretations.  They didn't allow picture-taking inside.


Day three was SHOW DAY!  In the afternoon, we went to a taping of the Late Show with David Letterman. 


Again, no photos allowed inside.  We also went around the corner before we went in and I had my picture taken with Rupert at the Hello Deli.


The day ended in a spectacular way.  I attended my very first Broadway Play. "After Midnight" was performed at the beautiful Brooks Atkinson Theater.  No photos allowed inside.  Jazz musical with wonderful costumes and dance.  We loved it!


Those are the highlights of my New York City visit!  My sister did a fabulous time of rounding up FREE tickets and organizing our time.  It's so easy to jump on and off subways and buses when there is someone there to tell you what to do!  We packed a lot of fun into three days.  

Thank you, Jami!

Next time you hear from me, it will be BACK TO NEEDLE ARTS!



No comments: