Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It's a Challenge

Tomorrow marks my 9th anniversary at Cotton Fields Quilt Shop.  We are celebrating with a huge, three day sale.  Another tradition that we have is the annual quilt challenge.

This year, we're having the "Strips and Strings" challenge.  Participants were provided with 1/2 yard of the Timeless Treasures print pictured here, and a fat quarter of a light green solid.  Instructions stated:

"Make a string quilt from YOUR original design/no commercial patterns!  Strips can be wide or narrow, crooked or straight.  String pieced units can be combined with other quilt patterns."

Sale shoppers will be able to cast their votes for their favorite quilts.  Here are the creative quilts that have been turned in.












Aren't they great?!  All so different and creative.  I'll fill in the names and announce the winners next week.

I didn't enter my own challenge, but I did use the challenge fabric to make myself "A Little Somethin' Jacket" (pattern available, of course).











No comments: