Notice that the bright yellow box with an X was remodeled, and didn't end up in the upper left-hand corner. In the last picture, I have started to sew the elements together. The yellow H is not going to make it to the final cut ....
BECAUSE IT LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE AN H!
This color scheme came about because I found a solid, very, very bright yellow/orange. I called it "screaming yellow". I thought it would look great with olives and aquas and I gathered some together. Then Katherine contributed quite a few more.
I went on vacation for a week. When I was ready to start, I cut up a bunch of strips from Katherine's fabric and added the back and yellow as accents. It was only AFTER the Saturday sewing session that I found the other group of my own fabrics, including my inspiration piece! I forgot it!! I was even thinking as I worked that a yellow fabric with just a hint more orange in it would really spark things up. I'm going to finish this piece as is. Then I'll start another.
Someone noted that it had been quite a while since I posted any pictures of "the girls". Here's what two disgruntled cats looked like when they got back from the vet's this AM (rabies boosters). I am feeding them a cat food formula that is supposed to be lower calories, but they had both gained; each weighed in at over 15 pounds.
Baby and Cassie