Saturday, June 8, 2013

Where's the Spider?


I had hoped to have this little quilt finished in time for show-and-tell at the guild meeting this morning.  I probably would have made it too, if I hadn't taken time out to go to an art quilt exhibit opening reception and then out to dinner last night.  I'm on the final stretch ... half way around the outer border with a straight line.  It's not going to show anyway.  I could have chosen another thread color for the border, but I didn't want to call attention away from the spider.  What spider?  The pattern calls for a yo-yo spider.  That won't take any time at all, once the binding is on.  Then I will have to decide on a method for the spider legs.


Here is where I was last night.  A fine exhibit on the campus of East Carolina University.  Even though the opening reception has come and gone, the exhibit will be hanging until June 28.  It is a joint international exhibit featuring Professional Art Quilters Alliance (PAQA) members and Taiwan Art Quilt Society members.  There were some breathtaking, innovative quilts on display.  For more information, call 252-328-6336.

One last word about the spider:  the little quilt WILL be finished in time to travel with me to Wilmington next weekend (I'll have patterns to sell!)  The Quilters By the Sea guild will be presenting a quilt show.

Friday, June 14, 10 am-7 pm
Saturday, June 15, 10 am-5 pm

Temple Baptist Church Activity Center
709 George Anderson Drive
Wilmington, NC

1 comment:

Jean said...

Cute quilt...it will be adorable with the spider!