I was not happy with that first piece, so I found some more scraps and cut some more strips. I am trying to make myself use skinnier strips. And I plan to make a lot of "elements" before I mix and match and try to come up with an arrangement. I like what I made today.
When I got tired of the strips yesterday, I went looking for more trouble. I pulled out one of the painted fabric pieces that I began way last October.
I layered and machine quilted wavy lines following some of the lines in the paint. Then I used my "Pearl and Piping" foot to couch yarn, also echoing some of the wavy lines. It was the first time that I had used the $30 foot that I "needed". I must say that it worked like a charm.
This was originally just an episode of playing with paint, not a conscious effort at composition and design. Now I'm trying to pull it all together. I've added some hand stitching with pearl cotton. I also painted in flower centers (first I painted dryer sheets to use for the centers, but couldn't figure out what to do besides just making big yo-yos).
I found some beads that I might possibly use. And then I made some little square polymer clay beads that also might work.
It needs more painting and stitching. GREAT - now I have two projects in progress that I'm going to struggle with!!!