After completing the beading, I made a attempt to re-organize my beads (not entirely successful) and that is when I found a little necklace, beads on a ribbon ... I tried it on my bird and it fit! So, I snipped off the ends and sewed it on.
I never would have found that little treasure if I hadn't been digging through all of the beads. I don't even know where it came from, but I suspect that it came from my sister. She and Mom occasionally give me beaded necklaces that they come across so that I can use the beads.
Here is a picture of the entire finished quilt. It is very small, only 11" x 15", but I had a lot of fun making it.